PU SVT for SVT-40
The PU sniper scope (Russian : Прицел укороченный - shortened scope) is the legendary sniper scope that terrorized the Germans on the Eastern Front during WWII. The PU was designed by the Kharkov Plant №3 of the NKVD in 1940 for the SVT-40 (Tokarev semi-automatic rifles). In the same year, the scope was adopted by and production was started at two factories: in Kharkov and Leningrad (plant №357 "Progress"). In February 1941, Kharkov factory was renamed Plant №296 NKAP (People's Commissariat of Aviation Industry). After the beginning of the Great Patriotic War (WWII), Plant №296 was evacuated to Berdsk and Plant "Progress" in Omsk. In 1942 production of the SVT-40 sniper rifle was discontinued and the PU SVT scopes were redesigned for the Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifle.
There are no products matching the selection.